As part of the Routing Solutions Team(i.e. our Operations team that processes prescription prior authorization requests and interacts with Physician’s offices, Specialty Pharmacies, Payers, etc.) the Payer Coordinator Specialist is responsible for the daily contact with clients.
- Confirm accurate and timely completion of prior authorizations to the insurance payers utilizing the necessary platforms.
- Accurate and timely completion of appeals and clinical paperwork for physician offices.
- Set and follow up on reminder notifications within system to reduce delays in the prescription life cycle process.
- Utilize our proprietary software to route prescriptions to the appropriate locations.
- Previous healthcare experience
- Previous pharmacy background experience is a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with online claims processing